Apply for a Nonimmigrant Visa
Visitors to the United States require nonimmigrant visas. Before applying, know which type of visa suits your purpose of travel. If you plan to permanently relocate to the United States, please visit Immigrant Visas.
Visa Inquiries to Stanley
Stanley now handles all telephone and email queries through their new multi-language call center and takes calls from 8:00 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00p.m. on Sunday. Please direct all your email queries now to email@example.com or telephone +91-120-4844644 or +91-40-46258222, and 1-703-520-2239 (for calls from the U.S.).
How to Apply
Make your appointment through www.ustraveldocs.com/in website or by telephoning the call center. Create a user account and make TWO appointments; one for finger-printing and photo at a Visa Application Center (VAC) and another for visa interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
Carry with You to the Interview:
- Your valid passport and previously issued passports
- The DS-160 confirmation page with barcode
- Appointment letter
- H, L, and other petition-based visa applicants may bring copies of the I-797, I-129 and other petition-related documents
- F, M students must bring the SEVIS receipt and I-20.
- J exchange visitors must bring the SEVIS receipt and DS-2019.
- Science and technology applicants may require additional processing. Bring supporting documents to minimize the processing time.
Due to security concerns and space limitations, U.S. consular sections do not permit interested parties such as friends, relatives, attorneys or business contacts to attend the visa interview with the applicant.
If an interested party wishes to provide information to a specific consular section concerning a particular visa applicant, they are encouraged to supply this information directly to the applicant. The applicant can then bring this information to the visa interview.
Delivery or Pick Up
Issued visas can be picked up at no extra charge at one of 33 document pick-up locations across India. Delivery can take up to seven business days but is normally much faster.
- U.S. Embassies and Consulates are currently experiencing technical difficulties that may result in delays in visa processing and receiving and sending communications. Additionally, applicants who have interviews for student and exchange visitors (F/M/J) visas scheduled for this week should bring proof of payment of the SEVIS fee.
What NOT to Bring
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download a free version by clicking the link above.