Carry with You to the Interview:
- Your valid passport and previously issued passports
- The DS-160 barcode page (you will not need the full application)
- Appointment letter
- H, L, and other petition-based visa applicants may bring copies of the I-797, I-129 and other petition-related documents
- Dependants should bring the principal applicant's passport or passport copy
- F, M students should bring the SEVIS receipt and I-20.
- J exchange visitors should bring the SEVIS receipt and DS-2019.
- Science and technology applicants may require additional processing. Bring the right supporting documents to minimize the processing time.
Damaged or Expiring Passports
Please obtain a new passport prior to your interview if:
Your passport is going to expire in less than 6 months after the time you enter the United States.
The film on the biographic data pages of your passport (i.e., page with your photo and back page with your parents' information) is separating from the pages in your passport, or
Your passport is otherwise torn, damaged, mutilated or has been washed or laundered.
U.S. visas cannot be placed in damaged passports