Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
K Visas

K1-Visa - Fiancé (e) of U. S. citizens

If you are a U.S. citizen and you want your foreign fiancé(e) to travel to the United States to marry you, you must file a Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) in the United States.

You can file the Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F, with the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that serves the area where you live. Note: You cannot file this petition at an Embassy, Consulate or U.S. immigration office abroad.

After the USCIS office approves the petition, it sends the petition to National Visa Center for processing, which then sends it to the Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 non-immigrant visa.

After the Embassy has received the approved visa petition according your status as a fiancé(e), you will receive a letter from the Embassy instructing you about the required documents and how to schedule your visa interview.  Information regarding the required documents for a K1 visa is available here.   Additional information on Fiancé(e) visa is available on the Department of State Travel site.


    Download Free
    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You can download a free version by clicking the link above.