Demand Drafts and Receipts
Blanket L-1 Visa Fee
- This non-refundable fee covers the cost of a fraud prevention and detection investigation.
- If your original L-1 visa has expired and you reapply under the same blanket petition the fee is charged again.
- Blanket L-1 Visa Fee: This fee can only be paid by a demand draft in favor of "U.S. Embassy, New Delhi."
- Drafts from co-operative banks are not accepted
- Please write your complete name, passport number and telephone number on the back of each Demand Draft
- Demand Drafts should favor the "U.S. Embassy, New Delhi", be in Indian Rupees, and be based on the current consular exchange rate.
Visa Fee Receipts
- Activated one business day after date of issue. Do not attempt to take a visa interview appointment until then.
- Are valid for one interview within one year of purchase.
- If you re-apply, you must pay the fees again.
- Missed appointment or "No shows": To reactivate your receipt, please e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Indian / Non-Bhutanese (Third Country Nationals)
- You may be required to pay a visa issuance fee. You may also qualify for the Visa Waiver Program.
- If a visa issuance fee is required, it is payable by demand draft that favors the "U.S. Embassy, New Delhi," and is non-refundable once the visa is issued.
- If the visa is denied, you can cancel the demand draft to reclaim the fee.