Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Business and Tourism B1/B2

The United States offers a ten-year, multiple entry visa for adult applicants. Most applicants applying for a nonimmigrant visas are visitors for business (B1) or tourism (B2). The two categories of visa are usually issued together as a B1/B2 visa. 

"Business" does not mean gainful employment, but it does include a wide range of business-related activities (meetings, trainings, negotiations) for which you are not being paid in the United States. You may also seek medical treatment or travel as a domestic/personal employee.

How to Apply

Follow the nonimmigrant visa application process. 

Nonimmigrant visas are interview-based. Interviewing officers most often do not consult supporting documents such as affidavits of support, travel arrangements, employment letters or financial statements.

Apply Early! Although the vast majority of visas are delivered in a week or less, a small number of applications require administrative processing. Please do not make travel arrangements until you have received your visa.


Complete Visa Fee Information.